Go to top
- Sandy Gillespie, Barbara Nagle, Sonya Reed, Jane Moody, Beth Moody, Kit Coble, Cynthia Lord, Lynne Everest, Sue Metzger, Kristine Lundblad, Jen Macklin, Mary Mcguire-Smith, Christie Slayton, Christine DeBraal & Katie DeBraal (potential new members)
- Secretaries Minutes
- September minutes were approved with the following correction. Thank you to Cynthia Lord and Barbara Brooke-Reese for the new directory.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Expenses and income are up to date with the exception of the 1st place show awards and the Level High Point awards for the October show.
The Michelle Gerlach clinic netted a profit of approximately $100.
Wickham Park has been paid for all of our show dates; one arena for 2 days each show (Saturday and Sunday).
We will need to secure insurance for any future clinic dates.
Lynne Everest will look into another bank that would offer a more cost effective business account and would offer more services.
USDF Roster Update – Roster is current with the exception of the new memberships received with the October show entries.
- Show Series
- Preparation for October show is on target: Ride times published, volunteers slots filled, Judges trailer secured, awards are in-hand with the exception of the Level High Point Awards which Sandy will purchase. Since October is Breast Cancer awareness month, Barbara Nagle will blast out an email suggesting that everyone wear a pink shirt at the show.
- Judges for Spring Shows are:
- Feb – Marylyn Griffin (“r”)
- Mar – Matt McLaughlin (L graduate with distinction)
- Marylyn Griffin would like a place to stay overnight Saturday but at this point DHD has not agreed to pay this expense. Sandy Gillespie will see if Marijo McLachlan’s guest house would be available.
- Website Update
- Most members still have not setup their login accounts.
- Clinic Outlook
- Kit Coble will contact Michelle Gerlach to lock in Jan 5 & 6 for a two day clinic at Brandywine stables. All lessons will be private at $55 for members and $75 for non-members.
Christie Slayton will contact Sharon Poulin to see if she would be available for a one day clinic on Nov 17 (the Saturday before our Nov show). Fee structure would be: Private: $100 member, $150 non-member, Semi-Private: $65 member, $85 non-member
- This clinic would be at Wickham Park. Note that Sharon would require an overnight stay on Friday night. Once we know that she can commit to this date, Sandy will check with Marijo for availability of her guest house.
- Sandy Gillespie will contact Matt McLaughlin for a potential one day clinic on Feb 2 (the Saturday before our Feb show). Fee for this clinic will depend on Matt’s fee.
- Sandy is still working with Daryl Leonard to try and set up a Western Dressage Clinic. Sandy will contact Heather Bender as a potential clinician. Proposed date is Mar 16 (the Saturday before our Mar show).
- Reminder: 2013 Slate of Officers and Directors
- Voting will take place at the November meeting and the board will take office on December 1.
Nominations received so far are:
- President: Sandy Gillespie
- V. President: Barbara Nagle
- Secretary: Sonya Reed
- Treasurer: Lynne Everest
- Additional board members: Kit Coble, Cynthia Lord, Jane Moody & Christie Slayton
- As per the board’s previous recommendation, Sandy and Lynne will get quotes from a couple of CPAs to determine our cost to secure their services to handle the club financial accounting including IRS tax filing.
- The duties of the elected Treasurer would be
- report to the club on all financial matters involving said Club, and submit such written reports as may be required and/or requested by the President
- deposit all dues and monies collected by the Club
- pay bills promptly as they are approved
- keep record of receipts and disbursements
- in cooperation with the Secretary, see that the Club is kept current with the financial obligations to the United States Dressage Federation, Inc.
- interface with the CPA and provide all records required by the CPA
- carry out such other duties as may be assigned by the President
- The responsibility of the CPA would be:
- report to the elected Treasurer recommendations regarding the manner in which the financial affairs of the Club are conducted
prepare all necessary documentation for the financial operation of the Club & file local, state and federal tax returns
- By-Laws Update
- Barbara Nagle noted that our By-Laws need to be revised to reflect that our officers and board members will be elected in November and take office in December which corresponds to our membership year of December 1 through November 30.
- DHD Rewards
- Christie Slayton gave two reports relative to lessons taken with Sharon Poulin in preparation for her Region III Championship Prix St. George ride. In the first lesson, they worked on getting Callie lighter in the bridle by displacing his forward momentum when he would start pulling on the reins. In the second lesson, Sharon lunged Callie in a lunging caveson with side reins and an overcheck. This exercise helped him to round over his back and loin and further lighten his front end. Then when she rode him, they worked on being more accurate in the location for lead changes and gait changes.
- Sonya Reed gave a report on how Chase DeMarco has worked with her and her horse Cash to give her and Cash a new lease on life. She now looks forward to riding a more willing and responsive equine athlete.
- Next Meeting
Location: Sandy Gillespie’s home; 3866 Hield Rd., Palm Bay, FL
Date: Nov 8
Time: 7:00 p.m.