Meeting called to order at 7:15.
Secretary's report: the minutes were posted on the website. A motion was made and carried to accept the minutes as posted.
Treasurer's report: Vicki reported on our current status. The insurance has been paid for the next year. Wittsend farm was added to cover the June 4 clinic. The fall and spring shows are included. Wickham Park, Wittsend and Brandywine are currently listed; other sites can be added if needed. Our finances now run on a calendar year basis and the membership year from Dec. 1 to Nov. 30 to match USDF. Updating the bylaws is ongoing. A motion was made and carried to accept the treasurer's report.Old and New Business
- 2011-12 show series: there was discussion about whether to set up on Saturday or on Sunday. We have paid for the shows with the option to choose whether we use two rings on Sunday or one ring set up on Saturday before the show. If we use tow rings and set up on Saturday we will have to pay additional. Discussion tabled until the August meeting when we may have a better idea of show entry.
- Western dressage: we have been asked to include western dressage tests in the shows. There was discussion about this discipline and if we should include it. USEF has walk/jog and walk/jog/lope tests available. It was decided to include some Test of choice classes to see how much interest there is. A motion was made and carried to include two classes, Basic (walk/jog) and Primary (walk/jog/lope) TOC. Cynthia requested that the people proposing these classes provide some information to include in the directory about the new classes and the requirements.
- 4-H: it was requested that we allow 4-H to piggyback on our February and March shows, by including a check box on the entry form. This was agreed; the check box will be included on the entry forms.
- Eventing tests: there have been requests to include eventing dressage classes. There was discussion, considering previous trials of this and questions about length of the show and number of classes. It was decided that we would accept eventing test rides if space is available. If included, the class will be run as a TOC class and will not be eligible for year end awards.
- Sharon Poulin Clinic: the clinic will be June 4th at Wittsend. There are 3 rides booked so far and a lot of other interest.
- Fall Clinic: the suggestion was made that we have a fall clinic the day before either the October or November show. Christie will look into this.
- Mechanical horse clinic: Bonnie inquired if there would be interest in having a clinic with a new mechanical horse system designed to assess riding position. Sandy will look into this further.
- Web site links: Marijo asked if she could put a statement on her web site that she is a sponsor of DHD and possibly link to her site. The consensus was that this is acceptable.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30. The next meeting will be June 9 at Rancho Viejo.